Saturday, May 9, 2009

Death of A Tart ~ Kate Borden



Synopsis

As mayor of the broke New England town of Cobb's Landing, Peggy Jean Turner is thrilled with the idea of creating "Colonial Williamsburg in Cobb's Landing." All goes swimmingly, until the town tart turns up dead--and Peggy must risk everything to solve the crime.



Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Pub. Date: March 2004
ISBN-13:
9780425194898
197pp




Kate Borden is the pen name for 2001 Anthony Award Best Paperback ~ Death Dances to a Reggae Beat ~ winner, Kate Grilley.


Death of A Tart is an amazing, whimsical start to a promising new cozy series.

Set in New England ~ Cobb's Landing ~ I had to remind myself Cobb's Landing doesn't exist, so all plans to move there were off : /.


P.J. is a delightful character. I took to her immediately. I am real fussy. When a character speaks to me & seems real the author has a reader in me for life.


Kate Borden created a three dimensional character that is so vibrant, I found the little girl in me wishing she was real.

I wanted to hang out w/ P.J. & all the wonderful townfolk of Cobb's Landing. I wanted to jump into the book & become a part of Kate's creation. It's that terrific.

Death of A Tart is one of my all-time favorite books ever written.

It touched me, made me fall in love w/ mysteries all over.

Death of A Tart definitely is what a cozy mystery is all about ~ hands down.

I'm not one to reread books, since there are so many books for me to discover, but I do have those cherished treasures I read again to comfort my soul. I remember how good it made me feel inside to become lost in this book.

The people of Cobb's Landing are offbeat & authentic. All of the characters are warm.

Death of a Tart is a fast, one sitting mystery chock full of surprises & secrets.

Death of A Tart is definitely not a book to pass up & will have readers antsy to return to the charming, cozy & warm town of Cobb’s Landing.

Psst! If you close your eyes, you can smell the fresh baked treats drifting through the town.

Check out Kate Borden's website: Author Website









No comments:

Post a Comment